Transport & Environment (T&E) and the Electric Vehicles Promotion Foundation (FPPE) are seeking a Warsaw-based, highly motivated and proactive individual to work on e-mobility and clean air in Poland and Europe. The aim of the position is to represent T&E and FPPE, advancing our political priorities in Poland The position will be based in the FPPE office in Warsaw. FPPE is one of the T&E Polish members and will provide logistic and organisational support. The position requires a person who is policy savvy, with an established political and media network, the ability to think strategically, impactful communications skills and impeccable presentation. Above all the person should be able to work on different files simultaneously and have the ability to understand complex issues, scrutinise decisions, gather intelligence, and influence policy makers on each of these. We offer the chance to help shape policies with huge implications for Poland and Europe’s economy in an incredibly exciting and fast changing sector as well as a competitive salary.
The position offered is full-time for at least two years.
The role will involve:
- Supporting FPPE in managing and implementing ongoing projects (for example,
cooperation with national NGOs, other stakeholders);
- Gathering intelligence on national positions on key files related to sustainable mobility
(for example, e-mobility, air pollution);
- Participating in policy meetings, conferences and seminars;
- Establish working relationships with Polish government representatives who are
working on priority files;
- Establishing a network of journalists and communicating T&E’s work to a Polish
audience, in close cooperation with FPPE and other national partners;
- Developing and writing policy documents;
- Working in close cooperation with the T&E, FPPE and T&E’s other Polish members;
- Ensuring government positions are transparent and known through working with
media, parliament, ombudsmen, access to information requests, etc.
The successful candidate will meet all of the following criteria:
- Have an understanding of and interest in EU affairs and a commitment to Transport & Environment’s mission and FPPE’s mission;
- Specific understanding and interest in EU policy, environment or automotive policy;
- Have the confidence to think and act with initiative, work in a flat/non-hierarchical organisation, and to learn very fast;
- Possess excellent interpersonal and team-working skills, a positive can-do attitude and the ability to connect with people and win their confidence;
- Have an understanding of, and interest in Polish policy making, a relevant university degree, and work experience;
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience;
- Established network of Polish and EU political and media contacts;
- Have excellent communication skills (such as being able to deliver technical messages in an easy, effective way) and the ability to engage with the media;
- Be a reliable project management with an ability to deliver to tight deadlines;
- Native-level Polish, fluent in written and spoken English (German, French or other languages are a plus).
Please fill in the application form (downloadable below) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org along with CV. The closing date for receipt of applications is 28th February 2019.